A    R    C    H    I    T    E    C    T   S
A  R  C  H  I  T  E  C  T  S
We are able to offer accredited and registered services as RIBA Client Adviser and Design Quality Indicator facilitator. They can be provided as stand alone or complimentary services and both support the process set out in the RIBA Plan of Work 2013 and the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) recommendations.
RIBA CLIENT ADVISOR
The most important decisions are the ones made at the very inception of a project. They will shape the project and influence its success.
It is important to identify and understand the requirements and aspirations of all stakeholders and reconcile these alongside sustainability and affordability within comprehensive design brief.
This process proceeds the planning and design stages and long before any bricks are laid. It is at this early stage that we can advise and assist in:
• Setting Collaborative Outcomes
• Exploring High Level Options
• Stakeholder Consultations - DQI
• Developing the Design Brief
• Feasibility Studies
• Establishing a Control Option
• Establishing a Budget
Subsequent advice would relate to:
• Establishing the position with regard to Planning Permission
• Identifying the most appropriate procurement strategy
• Preparing a detailed comprehensive project brief, output specifications ad sustainability goals
• Managing the invitation and evaluation of tenders from design and construction teams
• Monitoring design proposals, construction details and progress
This is not just ‘one more consultant’ to add to the others on your project. As a RIBA Client Adviser we will act as a lynchpin for the whole process, and help you to take control of the project, continuously monitoring and evaluating designs as they progress and making sure you get the very best value from the final product.
All too often projects fail through a lack of stakeholder involvement at an early stage.
The Design Quality Indicator (DQI) is a process that enables every aspect of design quality to be assessed at each stage of the construction process, from inception to post occupancy analysis.
DQI empowers stakeholders to be actively involved, through structured workshops and online tools, with construction and design professionals, to set targets against which to review design quality.
DQI focuses the design and construction team on the needs of the end user as it:
• Creates a sense of ownership by engaging users throughout the process; enables feedback and learning for future projects
• Generates a simple graphic profile that indicates the strengths and weaknesses of a design or existing building
• Provides an agenda for briefing and design reviews
• Provides benchmarking information in the form of Facilitator’s Reports; and it helps to develop a more sustainable building
We as an accredited DQI Facilitator can set-up and run the Workshops and produce the output reports.
The advice obtained from both of these services, RIBA Client Advisor and DQI Fcilitator, is a sound investment assisting in the delivery of long-term value from the project. The emphasis is on achieving the quality of design appropriate to your needs and anticipating the future demands on and of the building.
These are not just ‘one more consultant’ to add to the others on your project. An RIBA Client Design Advisor will act as a lynchpin for the whole process, and help you to take control of the project, continuously monitoring and evaluating designs as they progress and making sure you get the very best value from the final product.
Neill Fozard Joined Richard O'Mahony and Partners in 1971 and the practice later became O'Mahony Fozard Architects.